HCR - Dead End

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Happy St. Hangover day


Holy cow, seriously considered quitting drinking today. I wasn't puking or anything like that (I can't remember the last time where drinking induced a vomit session) but I just felt horrible. Had an ok night last night but was kinda marred with an inevitable discussion with one of my friends which I won't really go into. Needless to say I barely remember what happened with the exception that I think I ran into people that I haven't seen in a while and couldn't remember their names. So I usually throw in the "Hows it going?" or "How you doin'?" We started out the night on a sour note and had the crabbiest waitress ever who had tree trunks for legs but yet wasn't really fat. Our food took 1.5 hours to arrive and yes I know its the busiest day of the year but her condescending nature just drove me up a wall. I saw her walk around many times doing nothing and carrying nothing but yet always looking confused. My friend to the right sent his food back as it was burnt beyond all recognition. He said to her "I don't want this." She replied "Why don't you want it". He says "It looks like garbage, would you eat that thing?". Obviously this pissed her off but managed to get out of it because the table behind us ordered the same thing. So she takes it to the back and yes comes back and gives the same plate to the table behind us. They had waited just as long for food and didn't send it back for fear of death by starvation because of a dumbass waitress. One of the guys that was hanging out with us decided it would be funny to fill his fries plate with all of the ketchup in the bottle. Juvenile yes but I don't blame him for trying to get her attention. She came back returned and said to him like a young mother would say to a two year old "Don't expect to get served a drink here in this building." Well that was it for me we headed upstairs to a different bar but the rest of my friends proceeded to wait for the manager and ended up getting a free pitcher. She also later accused us of throwing food at her and being "rude". Not sure who was the customer or the waitress here? Last time I checked the customer has a right to be rude unless your paying me to eat there. I can't believe in this day and age that customer service is still a rare commodity when dining out. We are generous tippers, obviously she didn't experience that part of our game last night due to her ragged bitchiness. Drank enough to make me sick of alcohol for a while...well at this moment anyways.
Suffering some sick beats today...My aces went 1/3 and kings are 1/2 all loses of course costing me buyins. For the first time I folded pocket rockets because of a raise and a reraise on a 9KK board. Turns out of course one player had a K the other had pocket nines. Wow days like this you really hate poker. I decided to try my luck in some sngs as I haven't played at party since they introduced the new tourney structure. Out of 4 I played in...I won 1 and placed 3 in another. The other two I was bounced fairly early with some more sick bad beats.
I will be taking part in the headsup challenge that the blog community is putting together. Should be a good time..also hopefully Iggy's WSOP tourney tomorrow on paradise poker. That is if there is enough players. Last time I checked there were only 20. Oh well should be a good time regardless. Have a good weekend, enjoy whats left of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home