HCR - Dead End

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pokerstars tourney blog

Here is a typical tournament for me, I think I needed to make more moves here early, but bluffing players that normally cannot be bluffed is not my strongpoint. Here is how it went down.
45 person 10 dollar SNG - Riverstars uh I mean Pokerstars
Level 1 - blinds 10/20
I get AK diamonds on the button - 2 limpers to me raise it to 5xbb
SB and BB fold, limper in MP folds. one caller next to the left of me...flop comes ten-j-8
turn is another 8 - guy checks to me
I think about betting but it is too early for aggression I check again
River Q - giving me the straight (phew!)
he bets 100, I raise to 320, now I could have went for more but the board is paired although I doubt he trapped me here...he calls and mucks a pair of 5's I take down my first pot.
Level 2 - 15/30 blinds
first move of the tourney get moved to a new table
Pick up KQ spades in the bb. Not crazy about this hand, 2 limpers, sb completes I check.
flop 4-T-4
everyone checks around turn
A
sb checks, I check, EP guy bets 30
EP+1 calls, sb folds, I decide to fold. River was another 4 of diamonds making three diamonds and a double paired board. Both players left in hand showdown Ace rag and split...note that for later.
Pick up a pair of sixes in LP already raised to me with 2 callers - 60 to call flop. I smooth call here nothing to prove really.
3-4-6 two hearts
Set!! But flush and straight draw is out, time to put pressure on!
The original raiser checks, EP+1 bets out 220, I raise to 520 2 others fold, last player left calls.
Turn is eight of clubs. He checks, I bet a good 750 which is a little over 3/4 pot size (pot around 1200 now). He goes over the top to put me all in...Here we go! He shows a pair of tens really the best I could hope for, no real draws but a 2 outer.
River was a 7, I double up and am second in chips.
Get moved to another table.
Level 3 - 25/50 blinds
30 players left
I get K5o in bb and its raised to me, I fold flop is
5-9-K
Damn! But I am not much into calling down 5X bb raise with off suit cards
In the sb pick up the hiltons
Its raised to me 3x bb I reraise to 450 he goes all in...I think he's making a move here but I don't have much to go on.
Damn...I gotta fold here he has me covered and I can't go out like this.
After seeing the next couple hands I am second guessing my decision as he calls off big raise with KQs and loses to AQ when nothing pairs anybody's cards. But I just got on the table and did not have that read yet.
Wow this is a loose table lost three players already.
Another wow he calls off a bunch of chips with QJ and loses to KJ definately shoulda called there.
Level 4 - 50/100 blinds
24 left
A5 hearts in the sb 3 limpers I complete flop comes
8-7-3 two clubs guy in EP bets the guy I folded my hiltons to goes all in. I doubt he has anything, but the other guy folds.
Level 5 - 75/150 blinds
Don't really get any real hands, wish I had the hiltons back.
Pick up kings UTG, raise to 600 everyone folds, darn.
we lose another player in a pocket pair battle 99 vs JJ
Jacks win as both hands are UI.
19 players left. I am sitting around 10th in chips, blinds are coming up.
I can't believe the donk to my left is stil in here, he makes a terrible call and takes down a pot with a pair of 3's on a horrid painted board. I don't know how he makes that call..seriously, but I wasn't involved so...
Level 6 100/200 blinds
Down to 2 tables
Need some hands here I am slipping...average is 3700 I am around 2700
84o..that ain't gonna do it.
J7o..nope
J2o...nuh-uh
T9o...maybe in late position not in MP...
k2o...come on...
AK vs QQ guy is all in with AK
AK catches a damn straight 2345...gawd...
17 players left
K3o UTG..not a chance
Break time. I have 2750 in chips avg is 3970
Gotta get a hand to double up on soon or else I will get blinded out.
Level 7 100/200 blinds ante 25
16 players left, I am sitting a great 14/16 in chips but if I double up I would be third so no worries.
64s in the sb...hmmm...tard to my left raises I decide to fold.
j9s he raises again on my button, I fold again, man I'm a pussy.
Betting ensues and he shows down an AJ and wins when he hits a jack.
Level 8 200/400 ante 25
tight times now...Any good hand pp or ace I am going all in
in the bb I pick up AJo with one guy raising and I go all in get called by nines
I go ui and lose out in 14th place. I suck at coin flips which is why I never win a tourney.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi people
    I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

     
  • At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello. Good day
    Who listens to what music?
    I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Guys, I have searched for two years something like this site!
    - www.blogger.com d
    phentermine

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Real nice! Keep up the great work. Good work. Enjoyed the visit!
    - www.blogger.com 8
    spaghetti alla carbonara

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the good site.
    - www.blogger.com u
    http://mosquitoringtone1.4x2.net mosquito ringtone
    http://freenokiaringtone1.4x2.net free nokia ringtone
    http://freeverizonringtone1.4x2.net free verizon ringtone
    http://mp3ringtone1.4x2.net mp3 ringtone
    http://nokiaringtone1.4x2.net nokia ringtone
    http://freemotorolaringtone1.4x2.net free motorola ringtone
    http://freemp3ringtone1.4x2.net free mp3 ringtone
    http://samsungringtone1.4x2.net samsung ringtone
    http://freepolyphonicringtone1.4x2.net free polyphonic ringtone
    http://britneyspearsringtone1.4x2.net britney spears ringtone

     

Post a Comment

<< Home