HCR - Dead End

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

WWDN Virgin

I never had the chance to take part in a WWDN so I did so last night. Got busted in 63rd when my kings ran into aces. Not bad, I'll take that over a bad beat that I usually suffer at PS doom switch expense anyday. At that point I was looking to double up my measly 900 chips after a bad run of flops. My highlight was finally raising the button with the hammer and picking up the blinds. I had a bad run of cards in the middle had AQo and AKo and raised in LP twice and here is both flops: 8-8-8 and T-T-T. Needless to say I have been popped one to many times with a lone 8 or ten for quads or a low/medium pocket pair and folded/cowered in a fetal position to a flop bet. If it wasn't Pokerstars I probably re-raise the bettor but I know better you devil!
Looking forward to taking part in the WPBT as mentioned on Pauly's blog and also looking forward to Iggy's tourneys he is setting up on PartyPoker for a seat at the 1500 dollar WSOP event. Should be a good year, I really have to polish up my tournament game. I will probably re-read Harrington again.
Oh and my friend took him back, yeah I can see it now, until they break up little/no contact I suspect. They guy is married and 17 years her elder and has more baggage than Peg Bundy on a 1 week road trip. Oh well, false hopes + false dreams + blind faith = broken hearted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home