HCR - Dead End

Monday, March 13, 2006

Cash games ok...tourneys=poison

The first in WPBT events and my game was on from the get go. Was doing well and at one point was top 5 in chips early however ended up not being able to lay down a huge draw. My main train of thought was that I had a double flush draw and I was already pot committed, plus blinds were already 150 and I only had around 1400 in chips left. Oh well out in 33rd place, next time I will not bank on a huge draw because we know it never seems to get there for me...skill not luck I tell myself, once you rely on luck you are outside looking in. Was still a good time, hopefully do better in the next event and actually get a point or two.
Maybe I will fair better in the DADI event tonight, will have to see...however my shorthanded game kinda blows but then again what part of my game doesn't?
On the personal front got hammered on Friday again! Played some poker at a friends house and I really don't remember what happened in that game, can't remember how I played or how I finished but it was fun. Went to a curling cabaret afterwards and got a ticket for 20 bucks which was a discount and my bud got in because we were good friends with the head of security who was on duty. Kinda wished I didn't pay the 20 bucks for my ticket but hey I didn't know he would be at the front door. Lots of lovely ladies around, at least from what I can remember, then again if the lights were up and I was sober they could have been transvestites for all I know.
Ok is it just me or does the new Pearl Jam song suck anus? I think I know while they call it WorldWide Suicide because I almost thought about ramming my truck into the next gas station just to end it all but I remembered I could turn the radio off. I have been hearing about it for the last 2 weeks or so and finally caught it on the radio....a little prelude here I rarely listen to the radio around here as it is absolutely horrible...Well the song was absolutely terrible IMO, now sorry to all you Pearl Jam fans out there I am offending. However it should serve as a solice to all Pearl Jam fans out there if KISS comes out with new material it might suck to 90% of the world and I will still probably love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home