HCR - Dead End

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Bombed by the Jag bomb!

Annual birthday drunk fest as a few of my friends have birthdays this past week so whenever your bday is it gets moved to the closest friday. This is where we celebrate and get hammered in the process. Now you'll have to excuse my memory because once it hits around the 9-10 pm mark usually my memory is all fuzzy and my night turns into a silent movie of sorts. Now it starts out innocent with some pitchers of Keiths and some greasy munchies. As the night progresses it turns into Jag (pronounced Yag) bombs (which for those not had the next day unpleasure its a shot of Jagrmeister dropped into into a glass of redbull) and bottlecaps (great shooter which is a shot of amaretto dropped into a glass of lime/7up) then into shooters I don't even know what they are and don't wanna know because I will never ever have those ones again (yeah right). It turned into one of those nights where you are worried you accidentally skipped out on a tab or something. Oh well the city is small enough I am sure I will be discovered eventually if I did. Funniest moment of the night is one of my buddies, who won the tourney on Noble on Thursday (Dakota2001) on the dance floor by himself doing a stripper dance. The night ended at a dance bar where I seem to remember we met up with a lot of people who I won't even remember talking to I am sure. Good times...uh I think.
I will be playing in the SirWaffle's bday tourney on fulltilt. Starts at 8:30 not sure what time that is here but I am sure I'll figure it out.



My Canes won again (3 of 3 since break!) and are on top of the NHL yet again with 88 points. For those of you that don't know I am a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan. Actually I am an old Hartford Whaler fan from way back when...however this year could be the year. Also please note that the Canes were the first team in the NHL to have rink girls. This became more popular after our 2002 run to the stanleycup.

In the poker world it seems as though I am more of a breakeven player lately. Luckily with bonuses and rakeback it works out ok but its frustrating when you get TPTK in good and get sucked out on. I try to save my all-ins for sets and flushes, etc. but its tough to remain disciplined when some LAG is walking over the table and hitting his miracle outs against you consistently. I have figured out a few things however...I suck at limit poker even though I have gotten better its still a suckers game for me. My good hands get sucked out on and my draws never come to fruition. NL is my main game although I am semi-good at Omaha, its just tough to find a good game online. I can hardly ever get deep stacked in a MTT as I am just too impatient and/or have that one bad suckout for all my chips.

I had my first berating at a table today. I have berated others but really rarely get berated here's how it went down. I get JTc -UTG...normally I fold this hand pf UTG however I was just sucked out on for 2pair (AK-me vs AJ-him) so I was on semi-tilt trying to make it up. Also I dispise min raises from any position. Anways I just call UTG, sb makes it 1.00 to go. I call and another guy (MP1) calls flop comes:
Ac 9h 3c
I check of course MP1 checks and SB makes it a dollar. Turn is:
2d
Ok now I know I am drawing to only clubs here but I know for a fact (well my facts anyways) that he doesn't have a club draw.
I check he bets $3 I decide my 9 outs are good enuff for me and smooth call. Pot is 8.50 so I'm not getting pot odds but expected odds are good if I hit my flush. River is:
Qc
Now I know I'm good here just gotta figure out how much he is willing to call, hopefully the Qc gave him 2 pair and I can get some coin back. He bets $2 (very weak of course with my draw coming in) I decide to raise to 7.50 and he calls - shows AKo. Then proceeds to go off. I did play the hand badly UTG JTc call is not great however if he makes it $2 I fold pf. I figure out who I am dealing with exactly when I tell him the min raise pf was not a good play and he has no idea what pf means. End of story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home