HCR - Dead End

Monday, March 06, 2006

RIP Princess the Rabbit



My daughter's rabbit died yesterday and although it was only around a year she was pretty attached to it. I always had thought the rabbit had wheezed a bit too much and made weird noises however trips to the vet revealed nothing (yeah what do I know). I saw her just the night before and she was fine eating some broccolli or whatever was sitting there that night. They took her to the vet in the morning after she was having trouble breathing and died in the vets care probably 12 hours later. It was a funny rabbit with droopy ears and liked to hide in a cupboard at times. I am not much of a pet guy myself (ie selfish) but when my daughter is upset obviously thats what strikes a chord with me. However, there is some solice that she has another rabbit (which is kinda mean so she says) and a dog (god forbid if anything happens to that dog).

Played in SirWaffle's bday on fultilt (ahem...pokerstars after ft was down most of the day) and was a good time. Riverstars hit me again with the usual suckout on the river but hey I can't say I didn't see it coming. There is a reason why I limit my play there and its all in my head yes I know.

Rant time...ok you got these poker sites making millions upon millions of dollars do you think they could manage their site? Being an IT guy this really gets my goat (no I don't have a goat but if I did this would kill it) Lets take a look at the support on the top sites:
PartyPoker - Some kind of sick joke here folks. Their support I am convinced only sends copy and pasted form emails (actually received some with ) and you have to speak to at least 3 people to get a legitmate question answered. Then you get Ackmed or Bashalm or someone who could care less about answering your question and gives you whatever answer can get rid of you the fastest. I have received 3 different answers regarding the same question many times from different support people. Their site downtime and bugs when they upgraded was unprofessional and scary to say the least. After such time they did nothing to address/appease people who lost money in that time (buttons disappearing, people starting with more chips in sngs, small blind sitout and no post when you come back in on button, all your images being deleted in your program files directory, etc, etc.).
Pokerstars - No complaints with support there, prompt and professional, I have never had an issue (other than the doom suckout switch that happens everytime I play a MTT there)
Ultimate Bet - Did an upgrade just recently which resulted in DAYS of downtime. Are you serious? All I can picture is a bunch of monkeys like that careerbuilder commercial jumping around servers all freaking out not knowing what to do. Their explanation? Things will get better and improvements will be worth it. It was up yesterday...and what an Improvement!!....uh... you might want to actually make some changes to something in order for me to believe that crap. I don't mind play on the site however the upgrade that wasn't is mysterious and hillarious at the same time.
Full Tilt - How many times does this site go down? I have to seriously question a site which actually pays out the winners at the time of the server crash along with refunding everyone's buyin. I mean I like the policy, don't get me wrong, but they have done this many times over the course of the last six months. How can you really make any money with this happening more importantly you never see any emails talking about what they are going to do to address this problem.

I could go on but that is enough for me for today. Also one of my friends had a bad breakup and I'm trying to console and convince her he was an idiot. No doubt they will get back together and I will be outted Seinfeld-eske until they breakup again. Such is the circle of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home