HCR - Dead End

Friday, March 10, 2006

Time to amp up tourneys!

Lots of events going on. Playing in 2 tourneys this weekend. The first one is the first WPBT event on pokerstars March 12th. The next one is an DADI event on March 13th also on Pokerstars. Then I will be playing in IGGY's tourney on March 19th on Paradise for the $1500 WSOP seat. I have promised my wife I will be taking her to Vegas this year and this could be the opportunity I am looking for. If not oh well, will try to win a WSOP seat anyways or go down for the WPBT main event and meet all the bloggers. That is my goal this year to win a seat at some event, doesn't matter what one.
I was playing last night and needless to say not a good night for me, I think I dropped 1.5 buyins but I was playing really good and aggressive which is no consolation for me right now. Ran into sets with my Aces and Kings respectively after huge preflop bets. Obviously its really hard to push anyone off of a hand at micros which is why aces and kings rarely hold up. I am fine tuning my omaha game and think I have a good grasp of it. Last night in a pokerstars 9 seat sng we were down the final three and the guy on my left was getting pissy at my pot bets. However I was getting unreal cards and putting him on tilt. I went from 3rd to 1st in chips in a matter of minutes. I think however lost it when my jacks (double suited with an A and a rag) ran into kings on a ragged ass board. I had all sorts of draws and missed them all. I told the guy to relax we were ITM anyways what more could he ask for? I don't think its unreasonable when you are three handed in omaha to push the table around with good cards. Most of the times I would do pot sized bet preflop and if everyone stayed around pot sized bet on flop if I was good. I mean seriously whats wrong with that?
Lately I have been trying to find a new job, it seems as though I get into a rut everytime I get a new job and then eventually want to get out. Really I should not have left my previous place of employment but I was working for a total loser and couldn't stand him. I don't like consulting firms and never will. They don't value their employees and could care less if you left or they fired your ass out the door for some inane reason (and believe me if they wanna get rid of you it is easy to find some kind of violation). This is not the case where I work now, I have it pretty sweet. I can pretty much set my own hours (I don't wear a watch or punch a clock) however I have to put up with a bunch of idiots who I am convinced were all repeatedly dropped on their heads as children (or should be now as adults). Even how sweet it is (not!) I am always looking for something better, ideally I would like every second Friday off with four weeks of holidays along with a good pension and full benefits. I seriously considered taking over the family business at a time but to be honest I am too lazy. I mean like I workout 4-5 times a week so I am not that type of lazy but it would involve true dedication, hard work, no holidays ever and long workdays. I dont' think I could bring all that to the table. I am not sure I see a benefit there to owning your own business but just this moment someone reminded me that I wouldn't have to work with these momos (translation: morons).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home