HCR - Dead End

Sunday, March 26, 2006

You tell me...

Actions speak louder than words so I will just outline the hand for you which essentially sent me packing in the second WPBT event. This just coming off a great party poker step 1 to the wsop where I came back from a low stack to win the whole thing.
I have KQ on the button there are three limpers (including the sb)
flop comes
Q58 (2 diamonds)
I bet out and get called by one. The rest fold.
Turn is K of diamonds. Making a flush possibility.
I bet the other person raises, I call.
River is a 4 of clubs.
I think I am beat here by the flush so I just check. He turns over 67 of clubs.
I don't know where to begin here...sorry man but I have no idea what you were doing with the raise on the K of diamonds. I'm just being honest. You had an open ended straight draw, so if I had the flush what does the raise do besides lose you more chips?? I give up. Nice...hand... sir...and I have to wait until after the break to get all my money in with AQo against JJ and QQ and it of course goes UI for another tourney finish out of the money and out of the points.

I am seriously thinking about dropping off the tourney scene altogether as I am not good at avoiding the 2 million things that will go wrong for me. If I ever get past that it doesn't matter because the crucial 1 or 2 suckouts you need to keep alive will not happen either. Mind you the tourney didn't cost me a dime after I ran over a few sngs at the aforementioned full tilt.

On a personal note went out for a while on Friday, saw a friend Dave who I hadn't seen in a long time. He is pictured in my profile picture on the right obviously I would be on the left then. I was leaving as I had to work early on Saturday but when he showed up I stayed around a bit longer and a few more drinks longer than I wanted.

So I was hurting just a bit the next day while I watched an upgrade/install go badly....To explain a there is a guy doing it that I just have zero confidence if problems arise he can resolve them. Whereas a man like myself I have no problem tackling issues head on and most of the time I come out ahead and looking good after I fix them. So a problem happens with the install and of course he cannot solve it. It looks like a permissions or rights issue but really this guy has no clue. He's a nice guy but seriously I think his heart isn't in it. Although to be fair mine isn't either its just I can get away with more slackass work because I make up for it in that ability to deliver quality work very quickly.

And to you bastards at the Playboy mansion...I hate you all....except Joe, he deserves this more than anyone I can think of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home