HCR - Dead End

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bonus time = bad run

Damn! Just when I thought I would cash in on the latest PP bonus I start running bad. We are talking some bad hands here, fh running into bigger fh. Sets falling to drawing flushes, repeatedly!! Damn you party poker doom switch!!! I have to rebuild although I didn't take a huge hit thanks to clearing the bonus it still bothered me some. I decided to take a break for a few days and regroup. I may try my hand at limit again even though NL is obviously my game.

I like to dabble in playing some Golden Tee live
However I ran into this guy a while back that is absolutely killing the game. We are talking -28 to -31 where most would struggle to get -22. I saw the guy skip the damn ball off the water Jesus like! Finally on Friday I was drunk and had to talk to him. He was a low talker so some of the conversation was a bit hard to understand in my state. That and my friends were being way too loud. He was a bit of a strange character and you could tell that not everything was 100% right there. I told him I was amazed he could do this well so he told me a few things like how he has been playing since '91 and got better when he went to a GT convention (didn't know they even had them). He also said he makes a living off of playing GT. I was flabbergasted by this revelation but if you figure it out he finishes first on almost every course I have seen him play. Thats a 6 dollar profit on every game (give or take a few). You add it up after a while and that could turn into some serious coin. I also looked around the net and found some major tournaments with 5-10,000 dollar prize pools...its amazing when your eyes are opened up to something new. Now I know I could never do this because for one I suck ass at this game comparitively but its interesting nonetheless. So hats off to you D. Assman! Even though you are weird and alone at the bar on Friday/Saturday night I admire your fortitude!

Yes that means I tried to pull a double header this weekend. Silly old man I am. Friday was a blast most of which I don't remember but included me lifting a pool table that weighed a ton (coin op) just to prove that I could when someone else couldn't. Also promising someone I know that I would come and pick them up to work out in my gym when I know with gas prices as they are right now is not a possibility. Although it would be nice to have a workout partner but they gotta get there on their own. Saturday went out with a wimper as the morning was DRAFT DAY!!! We gorged ourselves with food watching the NFL Draft and watched my team (49ers) have what I think was the best draft in years (Vernon Davis and Manny Lawson, etc). However by the time 6:00 rolled around it was time to go out to a steak night where I ran into D. Assman again. Yep playing the same game all night although I did see him talk to a couple people even though I don't think he was with any of them. I decided not to talk to him as I didn't want to be some weird stalker gay guy even though I am enamoured by his skill. I attempted to get drunk but the attempt proved fruitful as rye would not do the trick. Ended up going home by 11....
This leads me to last night, I decided to catch the Canes game on tv at a local pub. After many double ryes we managed to pull a victory off a deflected shot (take it any where we can) and moved on to round two in the playoffs! I am pumped as Cam Ward looked awesome coming off the bench to save the season. Honourable mention goes out to Eric Stahl, Brindy and Justin Williams. For those that don't know I used to be a Hartford Whaler fan and when my team moved I moved with them. I started cheering for the Whale in 1990 when I was a young lad and just started to watch hockey. Don't ask why it was just because I admired the underdog and the Whale were always that, I admired Ronny Francis for shedding the Jagr "image" (that Jagr made him the player he is) and coming into his own as a player and a leader. I also admired many of the players we had and continue to do so (Chris Pronger, Marek Malik, Adam Burt, Pat Verbeek, etc, etc). The one player I admired who did not pan out was Andrei Nikolishin, I really thought he would be the next superstar. Alas I was wrong but goddamn he was good in NHL '96!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Guin said…

    Francis never had a Jagr image in my mind... I am a huge penGUINs fan and if anything I thought Jagr learned from Francis. Look at Ron's stats in Hartford and you will see he was a star prior to his Cup win in 92. He sure carried the team against the Rangers that year when Mario got injured.

    Now the Canes are lucky to have Recchi on the team to help them push through to the semis.

    Hard to cheer for him though since one of my friends plays for Jersey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home