HCR - Dead End

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Home game...wait I'm sober!!

First of all lemme pimp bobby bracelet and the noble cause he is raising money for. Personally I would rather he not risk life and limb (and a lengthy hospital stay) by playing soccer for eight hours but to each their own. Please go on over and donate today. I donated what I could as cancer has affected everyone's life in one way shape or form.

My friend Leah who has cancer is very sick and continues intense chemo treatments, I have donated what I can of my bankroll to her along with some other funds I raised from generous others. Hopefully I can hold another tournament in order to raise more funds for her but if you wish to donate some to Leah as well then let me know. My userid on pokerstars is HCR33 if you wish to donate. I believe I will be going down there later this week or next to make a donation.

Now that is all out of the way....Had a live real life home game last night. The game was on hiatus for a while and I had a good time however yours truly did not get hammered. It was a late night and mostly everyone else was but I really did not drink all that much. I stayed sober enough to enjoy the junk kicking when my 2pr failed to improve at a donkeys flopped straight. This guy played most pots, raises mean nothing to him and he is the epitome of a donkey. You can pretty much move on him with any 2 cards and unless he has TP or something like the nutz you will get him off his hand. But alas thats not what I was there for the five dollars is chump change and the pots are a serious joke...I was there for the simple socialization and the feel of chips and live real cards in your hands. It was a good time although a little late for me as I am draggin' ass today at work.

Speaking of that at what point to you define your job a dead end? Well folks mine is it...Little to no career advancement (although that is not what I want), a terrible working environment which is not conducisive to concentration whatsoever, and a boring job that has no satisfaction, rewards or appreciation for your work. Until I find out otherwise I will continue to have a kick ass time here on earth but this work thing is really getting me down. If I didn't suck so much at poker lately I would seriously consider trying poker out as an almost full time job. It would definaetly suck as well but at least I wouldn't hate life as much as I do when I have to wake up and come to this hell foresaken 8 hour prison. What is my calling? I have no idea...previously before I got in the IT world I thought this was it. Well I was obviously wrong....dead wrong. I know I hated working for the family business but I really do not remember hating it this much. What is my calling? I am not sure at all but I'm hoping I figure the damn thing out soon before its too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home