HCR - Dead End

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Crue delivered


The night started out simply with some warm up brews at my humble abode and then a road trip to pick up some ahemm Crue enhancer. Then it was over to my buddy's house for a few more warm up brews (you can never have too many of these). After proceeding to warm up with beer and some Crue enhancer we then made our way to the dome. Met up with a few more buddies and then noticed the sign of death for me:
Bar closes at 8:30

Uh excuse me...this is Motley Crue not fucken Hillary Duff right?

Well since it was just about 7:15 I then proceeded to drink as much as I could physically handle in just over an hour. Needless to say the venture was successful eventhough it almost ended in a fist fight with the bouncer that decided everyone in line couldn't get a drink at 8:28 (even though the tokens we purchased for said alcoholic beverages were meaningless after tonight). However, since my one friend works at this place he was able to sway the decision and snag us a few more drinks.
In the process of getting as hammered as I could before the 3 hour break from drinking I noticed something...this was a sorry ass looking crowd. Back combing was back with a vengence along with acid wash jeans and ripped t-shirts (not sure that was ever really in). I couldn't tell if the people here were actually trying to look 80's or just hopped out of their trailer and decided to mosy on down for an $80 concert. Somehow I think its the latter but I could definately be wrong.

We make our way to our seats and find row 16, not too bad could see most of the debauchery from that row. The show had everything a rock show should have, loud music, a pumped up crowd and lotso nudity. Although I know a lot of people criticized them for that fact (papers, etc) I applaud them. The titty cam is a great invention by the otherwise boring Tommy Lee (he can keep the rap/techno crap and shove it) and really spruces up the show by showing what the local girls have to offer. Some were good, some were awful but all were good.

The music was probably less than ideal as Vince's voice has never sung a good note from what I can remember but they more than made up for that showing with the midgets, topless fire breathers and huge pyro. All in all a good night and a solid 8/10 for the concert.

After the concert needless to say I needed a drink..badly and was not prepared to wait in a lineup to wait in a lineup for a drink. So we went to a bar that had a total of 6 people in it but its not what you think. It was a classy bar but just not really open for a full night of business (no DJ, etc). Started out slow there but soon we befriended the owners (who were actually tending bar because they did not have staff on that night) and had him playing various KISS and Motley tunes for us to enjoy. A couple SOCO and Jag bomb shots (with the owner) later and the night was on its way to legend status. The night concluded with a stop at Denny's where I proceeded to film an entertaining re-enactment of Rocky done by my bud Justin. Not sure how we didn't get kicked out as in retrospect it seems as though we were very loud. ood night in all.

The rest of the weekend was spent recovering and relaxing and getting suckered into buying another rabbit for my daughter. Its all good I know who the real boss is....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home