HCR - Dead End

Friday, June 09, 2006

Clones not all their cracked up to be

I had a friend who for whatever reason was a clone. Whoever he hung out with he would become that person. He would like the same music, movies, sports teams, etc. until eventually that person got sick of him and then he would move on to a new one in the group to leech on to.

I think it was due to being afraid of being accepted for who you are. I can't respect this because I have come too far as a person and a human being to respect someone who is not themselves. Essentially I see them as lying to me every second I am with them and it makes me uncomfortable as they are really a phony.

So anyways this former "friend/clone" has created a riff in my current group of friends. Basically he has alienated every one of my friends at one time or another because of this behaviour. We have talked to him about it but either the message didn't come across clearly or he's just an idiot. There's a chance he will read this and I want him to understand where I am coming from.

I don't know how to explain his behaviour other than mega-annoying. He overpowers every conversation even if he isn't involved at all, he attempts to move in on friends of which he only has an association through me or another friend. This includes daily phone calls and constant unannounced drop-bys and invasion of space of both family and friends. He is exactly like Jim Carey in "The Cable Guy" which is funny because he used to work for a cable company but that is not how I met him.

Some days I don't feel like talking...I rarely answer my phone on the weekends and am mostly an intravert after drinking on Fridays with my friends. This is not behaviour that is condusive to a happy friendship with me.

If I say I don't like someone "He hates them". If I say I like some song on the radio he goes out buys the cd and plays it everyday in his car and then buys tickets to their concert. You got it...stalker like in nature towing the line between weird and weirder. I have no doubt if I let him carry on this way without cutting him off he would be wearing my skin as an overcoat attempting to be me.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh. But I had to be myself and get rid of this weirdo and associations with him even though it has been somewhat hard on my existing friendships that have been there long before he was ever in the country.

Its tough when someone has no life and decides to try and steal yours even though you know that could never happen. All I have to say is get your own life, this ones taken!

All being said this post makes me feel like a girl or uber-geigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home