HCR - Dead End

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

One of those moods...

You ever just get in one of those moods?

Where you wanna talk about something but don't feel like talking? Where you wanna do something but too lazy to do it? You know the type of mood that makes you want to punch something if it wasn't for the fact that you would actually have to have some passion to do so?

I'm in a funk lately and although I have suspicions where it is coming from I just don't want to deal with it. Maybe I will find a way around it but we all know what happens when you don't deal with things head on. Something gives.

I know this makes no sense...but I am a tad depressed lately. No WSOP seat for me, no Vegas fun with other bloggers, not really a whole lot to look forward to in the coming months for me. The fact that I have to get out of bed and come to this dead end job is killing me. If I had some outlet, some dream then it might not be so hard to come to grips with the fact my career is a joke.

I'm left to grind out some bonuses to rebuild my bankroll...no not because of tilt or busto or whatever...just because I decided to spend most of it. Looking back this was not such a wise move but I think I can rebuild it bigger than before. However it is a grind doing bonuses and such where all the rocks in the world are currently descending upon my table to annoy me and slow down my clearance rate.

I'm jumping from game to game because frankly I become bored with the "intracacies" of each game. You have the limit donks who either call with any pair or high card or chase whatever gutshot/backdoor/flush draw they seem to have right to the bitter end. Then you have the non limit donks willing to put their whole stack in the middle on either a bluff or a draw that always seems to hit when you have a monster hand.

But these are the people you are supposed to make money on...right? Well yeah but not as much money as people would have you believe. The half the time they catch their miracle 2 outer is the time I have the most money in the middle. The time they don't, they escape largely unscathed due to my proper milking tactics.

Yes I will bet a flush draw heavily if the occassion warrants it but if I'm doing that you bet it will be to the nut flush with top pair on board.

I did hit a straight flush this week, however not to be alarmed it was only on a micro table so the pot dragged was fairly limited.

I can't win a $22 NL SNG on PartyPoker to save my life, I have no idea why. Its not bad play its just a level where I run bad at, I've looked and magnified almost every hand. If I ever move off the 11s I will go right to the 33s because I have ran that bad there. I can win on Stars in the 20s but not on Party (where after looking through PT I have always been ahead on my last hand going all in). Not that it matters much I can't even run PP software anymore unless I buy a new computer...it really is hillarious that these people did that exactly. But hey they make more in an hour than I do in a day. Cheers!

Buy a new computer to play on Party Poker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home